Thursday, January 21, 2010

Always Trying To Remain Upbeat: All Fired Up By Pat Benatar



Despite a lot of depressing entries that I have written on this blog, I try to keep looking on the bright side of things. Not everything that happens is bad and sometimes even in the worst situations there's always a sliver of light. Things will only get worse if you just succumb to all the bad things that happen. Just remember to pump yourself up as the day begins. Pat Benatar's song "All Fired Up" reminded me of that lesson.

It takes me back to the early days when I was starting make use of all the exercise equipment in the house. I remember reading Arnold Schwarzenegger's advice in his book about motivating one's self for a work, but setting your goals higher for each work out and mentally coaxing yourself to enjoy it rather than layoff. I realize that it extended not only to training but also to the things you do everyday. You have to pump yourself up physically, mentally, emotionally and even spiritually. That way you cant face what the day brings you with a smiling face and a calm heart.

Right now, that's what I am trying to do. The last two weekends haven't given me enough time to rest and I still haven't recovered from the holidays. I guess this is the reason why I have a hard time at the office. Still, I won't let that stop me because a new day is a new opportunity. I just have to think positively and be all fired up for the day's task.



P.S. I'm sorry for not putting any new entries in the past two days because my internet server went down. I finally had it fixed this morning.

No comments: