Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Guess I Should Be Glad I'm Still Here: I'm Still Standing By Elton John




I sure am glad that its the new decade already. As I've said before, the years from 2000 to 2009 was really terrible for me. A lot of bad decisions, mistakes and lost opportunities sure took its toll on me. After what I've been through, I am really glad that me and my family are still together. Thinking of all those terrible times and trials and that I am still here with them reminds me of the song "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John.

I walked away scarred, but at least, I was able to walk away. I know it's now water under the bridge, but when it still hurts thinking about what could have been. The hardest part was when things didn't pull through when I needed it most. The worst part was when inner rifts and bad blood threatened the "bond" which saddened all of us because deep inside if that is lost, then all will be lost as well. Thank goodness that things pulled through in the end.

Well, the holidays are over and I'm back in the grind. I just hope that this around, this work out because time is luxury that is now becoming extinct. I just hope thing happens to anyone here and that all are happy and safe. I've knocked down a lot of times but still I got up. It may not be much but at least after all that I've been through, I'm still standing.

No comments: