Friday, May 8, 2009

Welcome That Special Some Back: Josie By Steely Dan



A few days ago, I blogged about a good friend and genuine tough guy who I deeply respected and admired when I was a teenager. Now that I think about, there are a lot of cool dudes who I really missed way back then. The years have made me yearn for the days when we were all together and had a lot of great times together. What a celebration it would to have them all around here again. Making that wish reminds of the song "Josie" by Steely Dan.

I don't know if Josie is a guy or a girl, but I bet that person was really cool if people woul let the good times roll if that person was back in town. This was the type of person who everyone wanted to hang with. The fact that this person was the talk of the town just showed how great he or she was with everyone. If anyone Iknew who was special would return, I'd throw a party myself and savor every moment because it's been a long time since we've seen each other. People that special really deserves a grand welcome back party.

Some would say the years would probably change that person and he or she may not be as cool as he or she was back then. I don't care because during a period in my life, that person really gave me good time and I will never forget that. If we don't meet in this life, then I know we'll meet in the next. We all have a Josie who we wish to see again because they gave meaning to our lives. When Josie comes home, we'll definitely have party and it will one grand party at that.

No comments: