Sunday, May 3, 2009

Relief From The Rain: California Dreaming



Yesterday I heard that we have to brace for more rains as a low pressure area is once again approaching the country. For those who are hoping for some fun in the sun, this sure is a downer. This darn change in the weather is sure putting a strain in my finances since I have to get new rain gear to protect myself against the sudden downpour. I bet I'm not the only one asking for some relief from this crazy development which has taken everybody by surprise(and a very wet one at that). Hoping for relief from this weird development makes me remember the song "California Dreaming" by The Mamas And Papas.

It sure is a drag going home in a middle of a downpour during a time where you expect things to be dry. Just when you're trying to protect yourself from sun burn, instead you find yourself trying to get protection from the flu due to the rain. Walking home with wet cloths and water bubbles coming out of your shoes isn't exactly cool. As much as I'm not a sun fan, I'm no rain man either.

Right now I'm trying to anticipate what kind of weather we're going to have this week. I guess I have to wait for an advisory from PAGASA for that. Till then I have to gear up for rain protection which is difficult for a commuter. I guess we have to break some bad habits for things to get back to normal. Oh well, expect the unexpected.

No comments: