Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Heart Pounding Stress: Free Wheel Burning By Judas Priest



I remember when the good old days when I would like to get an adrenaline rush, I'd simply tune in to the radio or play a tape and simply let the the energy flow with the music. These days, it isn't adrenaline that's flowing around me, but stress. The type of stress that tightens your chest and ruins your day. Your outlook isn't positive anymore and there are times when you wish it was the day's end not the beginng. It gets to the point where getting through the day without any hassle is the best thing you can hope for and you breathe a heavy sigh of relief when that happens. When I think of how the stress starts to get to me, it reminds of Judas Priest's song "Free Wheel Burning".

This is one of my favorite metal/leather bands back in the past. Like other metal bands that I listened to, this was direct, mean and in-your-face music that always got me energized. Today, there are times when I think I need to take a vacation from the stress that I get everytime bad things happen. Like the kid in the video of this song, who starts feeling the pessure, I feel the same way these days when things just happen all at once and you're got nothing to face it with. It really just saps your energy till you just slump somewhere when it finally overwhelms you.

These days I try to do my best to manage my stress. Things like organizing my activities; doing things ahead of time; making sure that there's something in place in case something happens. I only wish people were more predictable because dealing with the unexpected is really hard to factor in the equation. Thankfully, I still get by. I just hope what I'm working on bears fruit cause it will take a lot of the stres away.

No comments: