Monday, May 4, 2009

For All Those Bad Boys Out There: Bad To The Bone By George Thorogood & The Destroyers



I remember when I was in highschool, most of the people there were the usual preppie, clean cut, uppercrust types. Even the so-called tough guys usually ran with this crowd which made them blend in easily. During my second year, I met a guy who broke that mould. He was very friendly, but you can tell that he was a real badass who kept his distance from the rest of the pack. When I remember that that guy, I listen to the song "Bad To The Bone" by George Thorogood And The Destroyers.

He didn't act tough, but you can tell that he's the type that you shouldn't mess with and he loved his vices. I admired that guy because despite his vices and his image, he never asserted himself towards others and yet people knew that he's not one to mess with. Most of all, I admired the fact that he didn't take crap from nobody and if you're asking for a fight, better put em up and may the best man win was his motto. Most of all he was cool to hang around with and he was the closest thing to my brothers that I could find in my batch.

I remember when we graduated, he just disappeared after the final exams. He never attended graduation practice and when the day came he packed up and left. I sometimes wonder what became of him since then. It's very rare that you meet a genuine tough guy who at the same time was cool to hang around with. No matter where he is, I know he's doing well. I hope he's okay because he was really something back then because he got respect wthout demanding it which is what a tough guy is all about.

No comments: