Sunday, May 17, 2009

When You're Not Who You Used To Be: Creep By Stone Temple Pilots



Whenever I read the verse "Rejoice Young Man In Thy Youth" I remember the times when things were simple and the good times never seemed to end. Physically, I was at the top of my game. Extensive training in weights and martialarts made me feel invinsible and I didn't have care in the world. Then the bad times came and things turned a vicious 360 degrees. All of a sudden, problems started pouring in and as it piled up, the strain started to get to me physicall, mentally and emotionally. When I think how much I've lost from the stress caused by the constant barrage of headaches, I think of the song "Creep" by Stone Temple Pilots.

When you're parents tell you that you have it easy, you better believe it. Whether you are going on your own or taking on the responsibility for the family, brace yourself for some really heavy weight on your shoulders. When the zero hour struck everything came crashing down. I didn't expect it and when it came, it totally overwhelmed me. Reality really knocked me down and I now learned that what I was earning and what was needed for the situation was not enough. To make things worse, the "dark days" came and I was really left defenseless against the elements.

These days I've adjusted a bit though I'm still have a lot to do. Right now I hope that what I'm working on produces results. After consulting with a very knowledgeable and success person in this field, I hope to achieve the same thing. Right now I'm trying to get myself back on my feet again. Armed with her advise, I'm trying to apply it to what I'm doing. It's difficult but I am determined to be the person I used to be.
Stone Temple Pilots- Creep

No comments: