Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Haunting, Tripping Feeling: Emerald Eyes By Eric Johnson



Although I am currently making changes to generate more traffic on my blog, I still want to retain the essence of showing old and rare songs of different genres that I loved listening to when I grew up. I do this to keep these songs alive and share then with those who surf the net. A lot of these songs either help express pent-up felings, take me back in time, illustrate a certain situation or are just plain cool. One thing they all have in common is that they just make me want to lay back and trip out. One of my favorite trip-out songs was "Emerald Eyes" by Eric Johnson and was only played on 24K.

Man, everytime I listen to this song, I feel like tripping out. It's what I called an 80's version of pyschedelia. Everytime this song starts playing, I feel like I'm on a rocket ship about to take off. I feel like the guiter play is taking me on trip to where I can be at peace. It is also a haunting song for me because a lot of times, I think a lot about people that I've met in the past. As the songs progess, I see their images flash before my eyes and remember the good times that we had. I get a mixture of ups and downs in a good way from the feeling this song brings and it still works the same magic today.

As I grow older, I the emotional impact that this song has on me really grows stronger, especially now that there are times when I think about those guys I blog about and the times we've had really starts to get to me now. Only when I play this song and others like it do I feel at peace. When this song and other 24K classics get played on air, it does my heart good knowing that they're still out there. No offense to the present trend but these classics can't be beat. Especially, since they were played during the best years of my life.

No comments: