Monday, May 18, 2009

Settle For Second Place: Be My Number Two By Joe Jackson


It's been I long time since I really land a solid first place, let alone a real win. These days I can barely make to the passing grade. The fact that I'm getting older, makes every shot counts as opportunities start disappear one by one. In the end, you have to make do with what's left and make the most of it. When I listen to the song "Be My Number Two" by Joe Jackson, I really get melancholic thinking that I have very little to work on.

Everytime I look at the changes unfolding in the world, I really feel like time past me by. A lot of opportunities lost due to wrong decisions or inaction come alive and I get a stab of pain in the chest when that happens. So right now I'm in a situation where I take whatever's there and make the most of it. It may not be what I had hoped for, atleast there's still something there. It's difficult but so far so good.

I know I put a lot of positive attitude entries in this blog and I still stand by them. Despite that, I'm not perfect and there are times when the melancholy feeling gets the better of me, especially when I try to change things and they still stay the same. I guess I can't be choosy since this is it for now. I'll still keep trying to find something better. Till then second hand is will do for now.

No comments: