Tuesday, May 19, 2009

That's Just The Way I Like It: That's The Way I Wanna Rock'N' Roll By ACDC




Through out the years, rock music has take on various new forms: Heavy Metal, alternative, classic rock, folk, grunge, rap metal and so on. For me,growing in a pop dominated culture was difficult since I was listening to such great rock legends as Led Zeppelin, Boston, Black Sabbath, and other fantastic artists. I really going against the flow that time and was evident when it came to music. Back then, when I was in my teens, I spent most of my savings on rock cassettes just to get chance to hear good music that me and my brothers banged our heads on. One band that really made my high school time more tolerable was ACDC with their song "That's The Way I Wanna Rock 'N' Roll".

What I like about this band is when they start playing, it blows the whole room away. Once the music begins, turn the volume and adrenaline starts to rush up your system. Even when you're haven't had taken anything yet, the music is enough to get you pumped up. The best thing that I like about this song and this band is that there no theatrics or freaky costumes need for their music alones makes a statement. Nothing but brute, hard music that energizes you all the way.

These days, I'm more mellow and I've come to accept a lot music that I didn't appreciate back then. Most of them are here on this blog and a lot of them really take me back to the good old days of my youth. Yet, I still retain my love for the hard stuff, not only for their heavy beat, but also because I had a lot of good memories listening to them as well. I may be old school, but I like to rock. Listening to this song and this band is how I want my rock and roll.

No comments: