Saturday, May 9, 2009

Importance Of Communicatinon: No Reply By Genesis



If there's anything that I learned about writing at my department is that you have to make sure that you express your ideas clearly and concisely. Effective communication is one way of making sure that ideas are delivered accurately and that all parties understand the terms and conditions. Whenever I gather information regarding a write-up or a caption, I make sure that I clearly express what it is that I need to complete an article and that I know how the department concerned knows how I do it. Whenever I think about how importance of effective communication in accomplishing a task, I think about the song "No Reply At All" by Genesis.

When I was younger I had a hard time expressing my ideas for fear of being ridiculed or that I got so nervous that I would up saying the wrong thing. I realize as I got older that you should speak your mind not only to express your thoughts, but also to contribute to the improvement of a situation. I realized this when things were going from bad to worse and nobody wanted to speak. Since then, I was ready to give a view on certain issues when the situation calls for it.

I know that there are severals ways to improve your communication skills such as organizing your thoughts, overcoming shyness and standing your ground when you know you are right. If you communicate effectively and deliver exactly what is asked of you, people will recognize that. When everyone is on the same page, things work smoothly which is important in a team. Communicate well and there will be a reply and a good one at that.


No comments: