Sunday, May 10, 2009

Drinking Days: Heavy Fuel By Dire Straits



I must be getting old because a long time ago, it took me more than a case of beer before I would hurl my guts out. In my youth, I took large amounts of the stuff during the summer and still come out all right. Even if I was was left with an aching head and a bad gut, I was still game for more. Those were the days when I partied hard like there was no tomorrow. Thinking abou those heavy days reminds me of the song, "Heavy Fuel" by Dire Straits.

As I have blogged, before during my younger days, we really partied hard. Whether it was at home, a friend's house or at a bar such as Club Dredd, we pulled no stops and partying and guzzling from evening to the early hours of the mornng. After the party and some of us had already hurled, we'd look for a place to fill up our now-empty stomachs before calling it a day. When it was summer vacation, we would do this as often as we can, even to the point of partying hard everyday. Sometimes I wonder how we survived all those those escapades back then.

As I've also blogged befoe, those days are becoming the distant past as other responsibilities fill up my time. My brothers are now more focused on work and family as we each do what we can to make ends meet rather thank guzzle up all that we had earned. Still, everytime, I remember those days, a smile never failes to form in my face because even if we're left all messed up, the fun times I've shared with my friends and my brothers makes every drop worth it all. The freedom and the good times really came in day after day, now they only come once in a blue moon. Still, the memories of those good times keeps me going during the dreary toil of the day and I hope that we got to do it all over again when time permits it.

No comments: