Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wishful Thinking About Things Getting Better: Somewhere Over The Rainbow By Israel Kamakawiwo'ole


Unlike students and those who filed for their vacation leave just to have some fun in the sun, I still trudge along the hot summer mornings as the cold fades and the heat sets in just to make to work.  It seems the vacation time that I had during the Holy Week did little to ease my worries and stress and lately the office is the only refuge that I have to get away from it all.  Right now I need to loosen up or this stress is going to get to me sooner or later. The only relief I get is through listening to some songs that help cheer me up.  One song that does that is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".

Rather than soak in the sun, I'm looking at it set while listening to this song.  A drink in my hand and chair facing the window and though there are now rainbows in sight, the setting sun is what I am looking at as it turns orange once again as it ends the day.  As it goes down, I listen to this song and hope that somewhere out there rainbow or not, things will get better and I will find the answer to all this mess that's been plaguing us lately.  Despite the black cloud that's been hovering above us, I do my best to find strength in weathering the storm that it brings along with it.  One day that cloud will be driven and the sun's rays will shine upon us again.

Despite feeling down by the unpleasant surprises that life springs up on me, I am hopeful that things will get better and I am working hard to achieve that end.  I have to admit I need to evaluate what I am doing and make the necessary adjustments.  The answers will come and I'll do my best to find it.  It's not just wishful thinking because deep inside I know that things will get better.  It's just a matter of hanging in there and keep being positive.  This song helps me do that and they IZ sings it cheers me up as well.  R.I.P. IZ and thanks for the great song that keeps me going.


No comments: