Sunday, April 21, 2013

Forget About It And Move On: Ibaon Mo Sa Limot By Mutiny


I remember back in 1988, three friends of mine formed a rock band and were jamming at my house over the weekends.  Initially calling themselves "Anno Domini", they later changed it to "Mutiny" by the early 1990's, they came out with a self-titled album composed of original songs that they wrote.  Though they didn't continue as a band, I still believe they were talented artists and wished they got more expose for their music. Their songs were heavy with very deep lyrics that always aimed for the soul.  One song from them that I am using for this post is called "Ibaon Mo Sa Limot".

I chose this song because right now I want to forget all the things that have been causing me a lot of stress lately.  Every time I hope that things will get better they get worse and not a day goes by when bad news pays me a visit.  Sometimes it gets too much that I want to take all my problems and bury them in some deep hole.  If that were possible, I'd do it.

Sadly, that's just wishful thinking and even if I try to forget about it, problems whack me on the head and they get bigger and bigger as if to remind me that they will never go away.  So I do the next best thing and that's move on and solve these things along the way.  We all have our crosses to bear and I'm trying to bear mine as bests as I can.  Well I still believe in Bergson's Shipwreck Theory" meaning that one day this will be resolved.  Until then I do my bests to move on.  If I could forget about it I would but life doesn't want me to forget and I guess it'll be there till  it gets resolved.


No comments: