Sunday, April 7, 2013

When You're Kids Won't Get Up Or Stay Put: Sarap Ng Buhay By The Juan Dela Cruz Band


As I've said, now that school is over and summer is here, the only thing that is on the mind of every student is to have fun.  After all that brain-squeezing and book-cramming as well as waking up early in the morning, kids want to just sleep all day and party all night.  The problem with the summer is a lot of them would be awake in the afternoon and when you ask them to do something, they just vanish as they go off to another escapade while you're left with all the work.  Summer may be fun for students but for parents it's a long and hot two months.  When kids sleep all morning and disappear during the day, the song "Sarap Sa Buhay" by The Juan Dela Cruz Band comes to mind.

I have to admit when I was a student, one of the things that I wanted to do was just sleep the whole morning much to my parent's headache.  They had to really shake us awake for breakfast.  When we were kids, all we did was eat and play and when we became teenagers, all we cared about was what's the plan for the day.  There were the days when we had to do something in the house but once it was over, it was party time all over again.  It was summer and every kid just wanted to cut loose while he or she still can.

When I look at my nephews and nieces going off to the mall or swimming at a friend's house, it sure brings back memories of all the things we did during the summer.  These days I now realize what my parents went through we ran around the house or partied all night.  Oh well kids will be kids.  When it's their down time, there's no stopping them when they want to have a good time.


No comments: