Monday, April 1, 2013

My Idea Of Spending Time At The Beach: Can't Do A Thing To Stop Me By Chris Isaak


Well now that Holy Week is over, Summer is now in full swing.  Students who have finished their studies and employees who have filed their leave are now hitting the sand and surf as the summer sun shines brightly.  As I've said before, I'm not a sun person cause I prefer cooler climates and I hate sun burn.  Still, if I were get to spend time with someone worth it, that would be a different story.  Chris Isaak's song and video "Can't Do A Thing To Stop Me" embodies how I would like to spend the beach with someone.

This song was one of those rare gems during the early 90's. When  I saw it on MTV (when they were still churning out good videos and songs) I was hooked.  To have this playing in the background while you relaxing in some shady spot with the wind blowing can sure soothe those stress lines.  What would make it perfect is when I spend it with someone you really like and can enjoy the scenery with.  If that someone is my exact match then there is nothing more I can ask for.  Wouldn't that be great?

Well, reality is setting in and I have to get some things done while there's still time cause I don't want to go home late.  Sadly I don't have the resources or the time to make it happen.  Still that thought keeps me smiling when the pressure is on.  Who knows one day it might come true.  For now, it'll always be my ideal way of spending time at the beach.


No comments: