Monday, April 22, 2013

Timeless Classics And Songs That Will Always Be My Favorites: This Song Will Lasts Forever By Lou Rawls


A lot of the songs that I add to my blog post serves many purposes.  Some are used to remember certain events or describe my moods or people I have met in my life.  There are times when I describe the song itself  and why I like listening to it.  One thing that I want to happen to all of these songs is that they would last forever and when someone would read my posts, I hope they also appreciate the song that accompanies for a song will only so long as someone likes it and listens to it.  My wish for all that all these songs to be immortalized can bests be described by Lou Rawls' song "This Song Will Lasts Forever".

A lot of the songs that I used on my blog post were from a time when music was so good that all you needed was to tune your radio properly and magic filled the air.  Back then there was music to fit every mood yet once it played everybody stopped what they were doing just to listen.  A lot of these songs played a big part when I was growing up and to see these great tunes goes just fade really breaks my heart.  That's why I incorporate them in my blog not only do they help set the mood of my posts but they're good to listen to and good music is  a rare thing these days.  I can't listen to anything else cause they just don't reach my soul the way these songs do.

Some of these songs I paid a king's ransom to get again for I can't find them on the web.  Others that I was able to download nearly wrecked my computer cause of the virus that I caught while doing so.  Nevertheless it was worth it.  Turning them on and listening makes the good old times come to life or sometimes puts my mind at ease.  Whether they were great classics, one-hit wonders or songs that caught my fancy, they are ll my favorites and hopefully by incorporating them in my posts, I may be able to contribute to their longevity so that people will keep listening to them and I hope they listen to them forever.


No comments: