Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rest, Relaxation And Reaching Out: Hands Across The Sea By Modern English


Although I'm not a beach person, I do enjoy a good boat ride.  There's nothing like riding a boat through the crashing waves with the sun shining brightly and the wind rushing across your face.  I remember having such a ride four years ago and it sure was a relaxing as well as exciting experience.  Apart from that I had a fun time with my office mates as we rested, relaxed and reached out to that place where we spent a few days together.  Remembering that feeling of rest, relaxation and reaching out reminds of Modern English's song "Hands Across The Sea".

I have to admit I was a little uptight at first.  I haven't gone out of town  people other than my family for a long time.  Still, after a few spirits, we all loosened up and pretty soon everybody was feeling good.  We saw the sights and some of us mingled with the locals.  Going home, the waves were a little rough but for some reason, I still felt relax as I touched the water with my hands as the boat kept going till we made it back home.

It was a cool summer.  I hadn't had that much fun with other people in a long time.  .These days we're all stressed out from work and we're feeling the heat of election period.  Still we'll what we can and work hard doing it.  Hopefully after that, we could do it again.


No comments: