Thursday, April 4, 2013

Party Day In Day Out: Get Down Tonight By KC And The Sunshine Band


Yesterday morning I was jogging really early and as I was leaving the village I could hear music from some of the houses.  It appeared some teenagers were having a party and despite the fact that it was 3:10 am, they were still partying.  I forgot that it was summer and when summer rolls in, kids cut loose and get down.  Ah, it sure reminded me of the good old days when April and May were the best months in the year because school and we partied like there was no end.  Remembering when those fun times reminds me of the song "Get Down Tonight" by KC and the Sunshine Band.

Remember coming home from school with a big smile on your face every time the last of exams were over? That's because you had freedom to sleep all day and party all night.  There was always a call from a friend asking what's happening or better yet, an invitation to gimmick.  It gets better when you get invited to a party and the gang's all there.  So long as the music was good and so was the company, the party continued even as the sun was now about to rise.

Seeing those kids party sure brought back memories.  These days, getting is what I got at the back of my mind.  Nowadays I need all the sleep I can get and partying is now just that, a distant memory.  Still remembering those times is enough to lighten the stress.  Party hard kids but party safe and enjoy the summer as best as you can.


No comments: