Friday, April 19, 2013

Why It's So Hard To Get Up In The Morning: Morning Blues By Famous Last Words


Whenever I feel comfortable in my sleep, that's when I know it's time to get up and if I don't get up, I'll probably be late.  Though I'm an early bird, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth waking up early or waking up at all for that matter.  Whenever I hear something bad going down, it makes it harder to get any sleep at night.  When I finally do feel good, it's time to wake up and I wonder what heart attack the day will bring as I  grapple with the bad news that I learned the previous day.  I know this isn't the right way to start the day. Feeling blue in the morning reminds me of the song "Morning Blues" by Famous Last Words.

Like I said in my previous posts, the only time I feel relief is at the office and that's the last place a stressed and troubled person should feel at ease.  Those six to eight hours when your mind drifts at night are the only hours that I feel some comfort.  Except when it's a workout day, I try to sneak in a an hour or two of sleep before forcing myself to get up.  Even when I stay focused at work, something comes up and tension starts.  It's only when I finally lie down and close my eyes that I am finally able to give a sigh of relief.

This cloud of bad luck has sure been hovering over us a little too longer than it should. The fact that I find it hard to get up or don't want to get up is proof of that.  Man how I wish things would get better cause waking up and going to sleep feeling worried and tense is not doing me any good.  You should greet the morning with a big smile on your face and be excited to face the day.  In my case it's the opposite and that's because you feel down in the evening and that's why it's so hard to get up in the morning.


No comments: