Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Riding The Waves: Wipe Out By Sufaris


When I last spoke to one of my niece on what she is planning to on the weekend, she said she's heading to the beach.  I guess it's not surprising since people want to bask in the summer sun.  Right now people are  making a splash and getting a tan as they relax on the beaches all over the country.  For others, it's a chance to catch the waves with their boards and right now it's the best time to do it.  When it comes to riding the waves, the song "Wipe Out" by Sufaris comes to mind.

As I have said before, I was never a beach person let alone one of those surfer dudes who make the beach their home and ride the waves all day.  Still, I can appreciate the thrill that drives them to do so.  Seeing a wave form and rushing to meet it.  As it rises and they get on that board and ride the wave all the way back to the shore is some rush.  There ain't nothing like it and they do it while the going is good.

I guess summer is the perfect time to do that.  The only thing I'm riding on is the jeep or bus I use to commute to work. Deadlines and commitments are the waves that keep crashing down on me.  Well for those having a ball while making a splash enjoy it as best as you can.  Summer is the right time for that.


No comments: