Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Experiences That I Rather Not Go Through Again: We're Not Going Back By The House Martins



If there was ever a recurring theme on my blog posts, it would probably those miserable experiences that I've had during the so-called "bad cycles".  This is because the experience was so bad that not a day goes by without remembering it.  It was bad enough I went through it once, but to go through it twice sure hurt.  That's why I keep writing about it from time to time to remind myself about it so don't wind up in that dark place again.  Not wanting to experience it again reminds me of the song "We're Not Going Back" by The House Martins.

How can I not forget those bad times and what I went through?  Everything just fell apart and I was broke and at the mercy of public scrutiny.  You're head was always low and you're so embarrassed by your situation that you'd wish you could disappear. The worst part is when you're asked everyday when you're going to do something despite the fact that you keep trying yet nothing's happening.  Even through I made through the rain, I still get nightmares about that experience and it's something I would not want to go through a third time.

These days, I just do my best to clean up my mess and stay out of trouble.  I also keep on the lookout for signs that things might go bad again.  One thing's for sure, I don't want anyone I care about or any member of my family to go through that experience.  It's not something that I would wish on anyone.  Once you experience it, you really don't want to go back.


No comments: