Thursday, September 27, 2012

Reminds Me To Empathized: Tables Turned By The Motels




I don't want to kick people when they're down.  That's because I know what it feels like to find yourself at the bottom of the barrel.  It's a very sick feeling and those who haven't experienced this are often the ones who think that they know everything and worst, preach a lot.   They're gonna feel a whole lot different when their world suddenly gets yanked under their feet and everything falls apart.  The song "Tables Turned" by The Motels reminds me to empathized with other's plight and not kick sand in anyone's face when they're down.

Like I said, I've been down that barrel a couple of times in my life.  It was the lowest of the lows and no matter how hard I tried to keep it together, things fell apart nevertheless.  It was like I had to keep my head hung low and I avoided a lot of people cause I didn't want them to know what happened to me.  Still, I was able to weather the storm because I didn't things to go down the drain.  Though I still have a long way to go, at least I was able to get some things back.

This doesn't mean that it won't happen again and right now I try and try everyday to make sure it doesn't.  That's why I can empathize when a dog has his day.  I know it feels and I do hope that these people make it out of that barrel.  I could never preach and look down when someone takes a hit because you'll never know when the tables will turn and you wind up in that situation. You won't be so high and mighty when you do.



No comments: