Being single all my life, one can say I don't qualify to give kids' advice on the facts of life. I do know that it's a real big responsibility that parent should never take for granted.  One thing though we should always tell them is that whatever it is they want to or want to be, they have to be sure that they follow what's inside them. Because it's what's inside you that counts.  Lynyrd Skynryd's song Simple Man" sums up important lessons in life in a nutshell.

I don't claim to know the right things about how to live one's life but listening to that song sure hits mark when it comes to that.  Be honest with yourself and balance you're time, meaning knowing when to go slow and when to pick up the pace.  Grab the opportunity when it comes cause you don't when it will come again.  What really hit me was the part about being honest with yourself and doing things for the right reason and most of thanking the man above.  They sang so simply but the message is real deep.

I know I'm already way past the learning period and I have made many mistakes that led me astray. Times like that, I listen to this in a quite corner of my room as I reflect on the lesson that is trying to convey.  For kids out there who making the transition from teen to adult, I strongly advise you to listen to this song.  It may not be a quick fix but it'll help you stay the path to where you want to go.  It's cool to get advice on the important lessons in life.