Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Do What You Say: Practice What You Preach By Barry White




I remember in the movie "Full Metal Jacket" two marines were insulting each other.  As the insults got more offensive, the other finally said "Talk the talk; Walk the walk" and that prompted the other marines to break it up before it got serious.  Well that phrase really had an impression on me the first time I heard it.  As much as possible I try to live by those words because the measure of a man is when he really practice what he preaches or brags about.  I was listening to Barry White's song "Practice What You Preach" which prompted me to use it for this post.

I've a lot of people saying that you should cut down or get more involved.  They're the ones who often call out for some action and urge people to do something.  However, when the fighting starts and everybody gets into the fray, the one who started the ball rolling is nowhere to be found.  Or when people start making sacrifices, that dude is probably living it up.  I wouldn't follow a jerk like that because he ought to set the example and make the first sacrifice but he's all talk no action.

It's a big deal when you preach about doing this or that and impose it to others when you don't practice it.  People will feel that they've been jerked around for nothing.  If you really want to convince people you're the real deal then be the first to do what you're preaching about.  Also do it with conviction so they can believe.  If you don't practice what you preach, then don't say anything.



No comments: