Saturday, September 29, 2012

As I Drink My Coffee: Another Cup Of Coffee By Mike And The Mechanics



When I wake up in the morning, the first I do is some exercise then followed by some breakfast and then I take a cup of coffee before hitting the shower.  When I have my breakfast, the coffee is the most important thing to me.  It helps me wake up to face the daily grind that we all go through.  More importantly, it helps reflect on the things that have been happening lately.  Whenever I sip my coffee as I reflect on things, the song "Another Cup Of Coffee" by Mike And The Mechanics comes to mind.

Whether you drink some exotic brew or just plain instant coffee is more than just something hot to keep you awake.  For a lot of us, it's like a ritual both at the beginning and the end of the day.  When you're alone with your cup, you can take things in perspective and get your thoughts together. In some cases when your with a friend, you can talk about important things over a cup of coffee and hopefully resolve whatever it is that's bothering you.  It's like therapy in a cup.

It's healthier than going on a binge in a bar and when you drink it, you get more focus on what you need to do.  The only drawback is when you can't sleep at nights from drinking too much.  Still when I make myself a cup, it helps calm me down when things are a bit crazy.It gets better when the day is almost over and you get a view of the sun going orange while you have your cup in your hand.  As I drink my coffee, I hope that if this day wasn't good, hopefully tomorrow would be better.



No comments: