Monday, September 17, 2012

Really Feels Good : Sir Duke By Stevie Wonder




As I've blogged countless times, you know that a song is good when it catches your ear.  You just stop what you're doing and groove to the sound.  Sometimes you start acting silly  but that's simply cause you're already caught up in the song. When you feel good after listening to it then it really is good.  One song that does that is "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder .

This is another one of those good songs with a heavy horn section.  Remember the days when the band played every kind of instruments from strings to percussions to keyboards and of course horns?  The more the merrier and every time I play this song it takes me to a time where people are happy on the street and the band strikes up a tune. Happy faces are everywhere and it gets passed on from person to person.  This is a high that I get when I hear this song.


You don't hear this kind of tune anymore.  Most of the songs I hear today are about morbid topics from clueless people who are so self-absorb.  Well no thanks to that,  I'd rather feel good and act silly listening to something that is good and this song fits the bill.   If a song can do that, well its a darn good song.




No comments: