Tuesday, September 25, 2012

At Least The Song Was Good: Bonny Portmore By Loreena McKennitt




I remember a program in 24K Weekend called "Reel Tracks" where they played songs that were taken from movie soundtracks.  I sure requested a lot of songs from that program until it ended and 24K Weekend was on Saturdays instead of Saturdays and Sundays.  A lot of the songs that I requested were from my favorite movies like "Highlander" and though I liked the first, the sequels were not as good as the original.  One thing that my attention in the third installment was song that sung by Loreena McKennitt.  The song was called "Bonny Portmore".

This was an Irish folksong that told the demise of a forest.  The moment I heard it in the movie, I was hooked.  The sentimental and haunting feelings that that this song stirred really got to me.  I kept playing the part where this song was being sung.  It was one of the best movie soundtracks that I've and it fits well with the scenery of the mountains in the film.

Sadly like the other sequels, this one was not too good.  They should've quit after the first.  The television series just made the tale more complicated and I always thought that Connor was better at blending than Duncan.  That's why I'll stick to the first.  Still this song from the second installment is pretty good  and I thank the members of  YouTube for posting it.



No comments: