Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another Song That Keeps Me Motivated: Electric Honey By The Partland Brothers


There are times when my mood is up and there are times when my moods are down.  For each mood, I blog using a song that fits that state of emotion.  It helps soothe the pain when times are bad and helps me preserve those moments when I'm riding high from feeling good.    Sometimes you just get motivated to keep on going.  Another that keeps me motivated is "Electric Honey" by The Partland Brothers.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try to stay in the game, things happen and you find yourself knocked down and sprawled on the floor.  Still, you know you have to get up despite the pain.  You shut out everything negative and everything painful and get back in the game.  It's because there's so much at stake and deep inside, you want to this and won't let anything stop you because the benefits are worth it.

I really miss the songs of the last four decades, especially the 70's and 80's.  In the 80's, life was fast and even when things were hard, music like this kept reminding you to keep going.  It's a shame we don't have music like this anymore.  It's easy to like the moment you hear it.  More importantly it keeps you motivated.



No comments: