Friday, March 2, 2012

R.I.P. Davey Jones: Daydream Believer By The Monkees





Last month, the entertainment world mourned the loss of Whitney Houston. Yesterday, I read another sad news that Monkees front man Davey Jones passed away from a heart attack. As I've read the news, I felt kinda depressed when I read the news. If memory serves me right, they had their share of hits during their time. One song that really stands out is "Daydream Believer".

Whenever I hear this song, it really cheers me up. I guess it touches the dreamer in all of us. It gives me a reason to hope that things can come true even in tough times. Right now times are really hard and when the hard gets harder, songs like this can sure get you through those times. If things didn't go so well now, there's hope that they will be. That's how good this song makes me feel.

It's sad that I don't hear songs like this anymore. The fact this song still brings smiles to people's faces is proof that it is a good song. It's sad that another talented singer has left this earth. I bet the heavens are party with Davy singing this song. R.I.P. Davy, you will be missed.




No comments: