Saturday, March 24, 2012

Quality Time With A Woman: Roller Derby Queen By Jim Croce




One of my earliest blog post was about a woman I met on the bus whom I had spent the most pleasurable ride of my life as we talked throughout the traffic which when it was time for me to get off. Recalling that moment and the post that I made about made me realize that I may not be the only one who had that kind of experience. I bet a lot of other guys had the good fortune to share the company of one so friendly and so beautiful. That good feeling that I got spending time with that person reminds me of Jim Croce's song "Roller Derby Queen".

I remember watching Jim Croce perform on television and he was inspired to write this because of a woman he met at bar. They had a few brews and they chatted as they drank. That's where he found that she used to be part of a roller derby which was a big thing back then. I guess made a deep impression of Jim. Cause if she didn't, he wouldn't be talking her let alone, write this hit song.

I wouldn't be surprise if apart from having a similar experience, if guys who were able to do this also felt a strong sense of pleasure in those moments. I guess it's the fact that these people didn't turn you away and that they took the time to talk to you means that you're not so bad after all. More than that, you were able to bond with someone special. Something like that doesn't happen everyday. Roller derby queen or not, that's what I call quality time with a woman and the kind at that.

No comments: