Friday, March 23, 2012

Don't Want To Be A Link In This Kind Of Chain: Chain Of Fools By Aretha Franklin




Yesterday, something that I was working once again fell a part. I won't go into details about what it is was and why it happen but one's thing's for sure, it was a very important thing for me. Once again I feel that fate threw a monkey wrench in the works. Right now I feel that I'm being put back in a sick carousel and made to go on another bad ride. That feeling of being helplessly chained to a bad fate reminds me of Aretha Franklin's song "Chain Of Fools".

Fate has a way of dealing a bad hand to people and sadly many of them play out that hand to the bitter end. Every lost soul to a bad fate is like a bad link to chain and if you ask me that links on the chain gets longer and longer. Many of these poor souls are the ones who either weren't smart enough or brave enough to the shackles. As a result, though they live out lives, in the inside they're dying little by little.

That's why a lot of us just can't accept the cards dealt to us by fate and that includes me. I know I'm being stubborn but it's simply because I'm tired of repeating this kind of life and I too want to break the shackles that keeps me from getting off this sick ride. Right now I've been dealt another setback but though I'm hurting from it, I am determine to overcome it. They that you can change things if you are determined to do so. I'm doing this because I simply don't want to be link in this kind of chain and I want to break free from it.

No comments: