Monday, March 12, 2012

This Is What I Don't Want To Happen: History Repeating By The Propellerheads And Shirley Bassey




Ever had that feeling of Deja Vu? You start noticing that things that happened in the past are again happening in the present. The settings are different but the pattern is still there. The bad part is that the results are the same and things start falling apart again. When that happens, it's a grim reminder that I am still trapped in this vicious cycle that I'm trying to break. One song that reminds me of this fear is The Propellerheads and Shirley Bassey's "History Repeating".

A lot of times, I notice this pattern in my life and I really am starting to hate it. It makes me feel that I haven't learned anything from the past. Because of that, I get the feeling that the same things keep happening again and again. I have to admit this makes me feel paranoid every time a new year starts. This is playing out like a soap opera with the same old formula.

That's the reason why I can relate with conspiracy theorists. You have to check the signs if the past is going to repeat itself. Sometimes when things seem all right that when the cycle starts rolling. That's what I keep my eyes peeled if the signs start to appear. I really don't want the past to repeat itself because I don't want to go through that again.

No comments: