Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Everybody Wants To Be A Cowboy: Cowboy By Boys Don't Cry



When I a kid, I remember watching a lot of afternoon movies to pass the time. A lot of those movies were cowboy movies. Most of them were Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, Lee Van Cleef and Clint Eastwood with Wayne and Eastwood were my favorites. Watching cowboy films made every kid want to be one. Who wouldn't want to ride a horse where rugged clothes and carry mean set of guns. That fantasy to want to be a cowboy reminds me of the song "Cowboy" by Boys Don't Cry.

Just like every kid at the time, I too had fill of cowboy fantasies and so did my brothers. If we weren't fighting with swords, we'd be shooting with guns and riding each other for horses. We liked the idea of competing on fast draws and stalking each other like gunfighters in the movies. The only thing that we lacked were horses and the proper attire. Still, it didn't stop from us playing as our imagination kept us in the game.

Well, those days are long past now. With the emergence video games, ipods, ipads, computers, etc., I don't kids play cowboy anymore, especially the way we use to. I guess life was simple back then. Those show gave us a lot of inspirations as well as heroes to look up to. I do miss those days where we all wanted to be cowboys.





No comments: