Friday, March 16, 2012

A Song For Remembering A Special Someone: Melissa By The Allman Brothers




Since March is Women's Month, don't be surprise if a lot of my posts will either have songs sung by women or are about women. I guess my way to pay homage to them. I know that sounds ironic coming from a happy bachelor. Still, like a lot of guys, there were some women in my life who I think from time to time. One song that makes me remember them is "Melissa" by The Allman Brothers Band.

Though none of them were named Melissa, they were all special in one way or another. Each of them were unique and despite their flaws, they sure left an impression on me. I can't help but stop what I'm doing and sit down and wonder where they are now. I had a lot of fun with them way back then and I have to admit I think about the could'ves and would'ves if I had been serious. They were that special.

Wherever they are, I wish them all the best. Though I never went beyond with any of them, they gave a lot of good memories. Though they are gone, the good times that I spent with them always cheer me up. Well, I guess that's enough reminiscing cause there's some to do. That thinking about always does that to me cause they were apart of my life.

No comments: