Sunday, July 18, 2010

Time To Stand Up For Your Beliefs: Defenders Of The Faith By Judas Priest





I'm really a live and let live kind of guy. I respect the culture and beliefs of others even if they don't agree with me or I don't agree with them. I do what I can to get along with others even if they're the worst of the lot because we do what we have to do to get by. There are times however, when one gets to accommodating to the point that they want to throw away the institutions that you believe in and replace it with theirs and make you accept it. I draw the line there because I'm proud of who I am and what I believe and when somebody tries to force something I don't like, well get ready for one heck of a ruckus. When it comes to standing up and defending your beliefs, the song "Defenders Of The Faith" by Judas Priest.

There's a lot of things happening around us these days and a lot of it is not good. A lot of groups both from the left and the right are forcing a lot of things down our throats and its all crap. They make you feel guilty about who you are and emotionally blackmail you to giving in their wishes and pretty soon you're at their mercy as everything you hold dear gets torn down. Well, I say "@#$#@@" to that. I am proud of who am and though I and the institutions that I believe are not perfect and made mistakes, we' re not about to roll over and give in to this garbage.

I maybe an old dog who can't learn new tricks, but at least I know my old tricks well. Going back on the topic, I think there's a difference between accommodating new beliefs and institutions and junking one for the other. I'm not inciting a riot here but I stand by the principles that I grew up on and have served me through the years. I am proud of it and am will to defend it anytime. When it comes to it, I am a defender of my faith and my people and that's the bottom line.

No comments: