Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Meaningless Without It: Heart And Soul By T'Pau



Remember during my college dfays when I was watching a remake of "D.O.A." starring Dennis Quaid where his character confronted Daniel Stern's character who was responsible for poisoning him. When he found out that he did it to steal his student's novel to be famous, he told him it was useless because it was not his passion. He went further to say that he'll never know how it will feel because people don't do it for money or fame but for the work. That scene and dialogue really left a deep impression on me because it taught me that what you do is meaningless unless you put your heart and soul to it. Remembering that lesson reminds me of the song "Heart And Soul" by T'Pau.


Passion for work is what sets everything into motion. True, knowledge and skills are vital to making it, but without the will to do it, nothing gets started. Sometimes it can even offset skill and knowledge when the odds are against you. If it's what you really, really want, then nothing can stand in your way. You just go in and do it without worrying about the odds.

I guess that's why I put a little more effort in my work as well as my blog posts. I want to share what I have made and I want others to appreciate what I am trying to express with each posts. Most of all, I love what I do and that's why I enjoy it. True, I want to generate more income in this field, but without the motivation, it means nothing. That's why I put my heart and soul into this blog because without, it's nothing.

No comments: