Friday, July 9, 2010

Disco Days: Disco Inferno By The Trammps




I remember when the age of Disco suddenly burst out during the 70's. This was made even more popular by the movie "Saturday Night Fever". I remember when people jam into clubs just to get a chance at the dance floor and strut their stuff. Add the shiny globes and glaring lights and you got yourself a party. It was a really carefree time and those who got into it were really into it.
When it comes to the age of Disco, the song "Disco Inferno" by The Tramps comes to mind.

That age was not for the shy at heart because the only way you're going to fit in is by going to the dance floor and DANCE!!! What I hated at that time was when my brothers practiced their moves on me. What I hate was the fact that they not only twisted and twirled me, they also tossed me up in the air like pizza dough. Anything to impress the girls at the party, they say. Still, the music was natural and you really get to your partner close, hence the attraction to this fad.

Nowadays there's still dancing, but is all techno now. People just jump up and down and there's no real contact. Though I'm not into dancing, I 'd rather hold my partner close than act like I'm being possessed by an evil spirit. For those who were into it, they'd probably say it was crazy time but good times nevertheless which is why its music still urges people to dance today.

No comments: