Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One Of My Favorite Villains: Gimme The Prize By Queen





For those of you who read my past entries, one of my favorite films during my high school days was "Highlander" that tells about the story of immortals who must fight against each other until only one remains. What I find cool about this movie is the idea of about living forever and learning every form of armed and unarmed combat to those skills against your enemy to survive. The villain in the movie named Krugen play by Clancy Brown was one of my favorite villains of all time. He was so cool that he even had his own song in the movie. The song was called "Gimme The Prize" by Queen.

Krugen was clearly the baddest immortal in the movie, yet he still respected some of the rules of engagement regarding fights with immortals. Still, it doesn't stop him from being brutal and going on a killing spree. The funny part about him is the dark humor he puts in each scene where he is either killing immortals or terrorizing bystanders. In the end, he was no match for Connor who succeeded in taking his head and his power. I don't care what the critics say, the first film is still my favorite.

I hope that Reel Tracks play this song soon. It has already played "Who Wants To Live Forever". I guess it was due to the negative reviews that his character didn't get the recognition that he deserves because he could give the Terminator a run for his money. You won't find anyone more skillful and terrifying at the same time. He'll up there as one of my favorite villains.

No comments: