Saturday, July 17, 2010

Take The Pain: I Haven't Got Time For The Pain By Carly Simon





Life is has always been hard but these days, it's getting harder everyday. It's getting so much so that this is where you separate the strong from the weak. Some people just break under the pressure while others are still out there trying to do what they can. Sometimes the pressure gets so much if you want to survive, you have to take the pain and keep going. Taking the pain, reminds me of the song "I Haven't Got Time For The Pain" by Carly Simon.

When I think of the situation that I find myself in, I really have to steel myself for the pressures that me and my family have to deal with. As I've said before I thank comfort in what my brother reminded me that I am my father's son. Plus, I want to be part of the solution and not the problem which is why I keep my nose out of trouble which is the last thing that I heed. Most of all, the thing that I am working is starting to yield results which is good because I need to do more to deal with the situation since I am the one close to home. I just hope that once it yields results I sustain it and build it further.

I don't want to curl up and hide when the going gets tough. I want to fight it and win. It's a tough battle but I know if we're all in it together, there's nothing we can't overcome no matter how painful. We're still in the thick but I hope that we make through the storm. I know it's tough but we don't have time for the pain.


No comments: