Sunday, July 25, 2010

Need To Find An Outlet: Shoot To Thrill By AC/DC




They say that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. If that was true, I feel so dull, I can't even cut through air. Like Dexter Morgan said: "My life's all Jeckle and no Hyde." What makes it worse is the fact that lately, I've been getting myself into situations where I really hate taking part in. Right now, I miss the old days where I go to the gym and lift a few weights then head to the dojo and use that muscle to throw or strike somebody. Right now I need a physical outlet to get all this negative energy out. The need to go sparring reminds me of the song "Shoot To Thrill" by AC/DC.

I guess this is the reason why the movie Fight Club was one of my favorites because these guys needed an outlet for their pent-up frustrations. Right now, I miss the sparring and randori of martialarts combat. During these sessions, you get paired and fight the heck out of each other until the masters gives the signal to stop. Sure I may be bruised and bloodied after the session but man, I feel good afterwards because all that repressed adrenaline has was gone and I got a pretty good workout in the process.

I don't get me wrong because I don't like hurting people but for me, martialarts sparring gives me an outlet for getting rid of bad vibes that other activities do not. This is the closest to getting into war without the bloodshed (though I did get a black eye once as well as sore but not broken ribs). Hopefully, when things get in order, I'll be able to go back to training again. Cause getting into combat for me is the ultimate thrill like a sword being unsheathed from its scabbard ready for battle.

No comments: