Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Really Value My Friends: Thank You For Being A Friend By Andrew Gold




Even though, I'm a loner by nature, I never take my friends for granted. A lot of times, they've been there when I was down and I had no one to turn to. Like a miracle, they come out of the blue and help me out when things become unbearable. The fact that they became my friends is great as it is. How I value my friends can be summed in the song "Thanked You For Being A Friend" by Andrew Gold.

Whether others look at them as boring, surly or weird, the fact is they were always there for me and for that I'll always be there for them. They're the ones who remind us that we're not so bad and we are also special in our own way has kept me going this far in life. They are also there to stop me from doing something rash and really tell me what it is I need to change about myself. It may not be flattering but they do it out of concern which I appreciate.

That's the reason why I try to be there when they need me because they were there for me. They did so with no questions asks and people like that are a rare breed. Even if I don't see them anymore, they still remain alive inside my heart. With what we've been through over the years, I hope one day we see each other again. For all those who I consider a friend, saying "Thank you" is the least that I can do because I'm happy you became my friend.

No comments: