Monday, July 26, 2010

Starting To Feel A Longing For The Past And The People I've Met: I'm Thinking Of You By Safire




It's funny how everything old is new again because alot of the style and sounds of my generation are now the "in" thing. I sometimes wonder if the current generation has lost some of its own creativity. One thing for sure, the revival of the 80's style has got me really sentimental lately. For some reason, memories of the past and the people I've met and miss have been growing more intense. A lot of times, I wonder where they are and how they are doing. With that in mind, the song "I'm Thinking Of You" by Safire comes into mind.

I guess this stems from the fact that I didn't find any closure when I graduated from both high school and college. There were things that I wasn't able to do and people who just slipped away. By the time I knew it, it was time to move on. As a result, you can say that's one reason why I keep thing of the past because of the could'ves and would'ves. I guess if I had the chance to change some of the things that happened there, I would've.

I know the past is in the past and it's time to concentrate on the future. Still, that sense of closure still eludes me. I need to find that closure which I think can really help me move on. If I don't, I feel my life will be a chain of unresolved periods. I guess that's why I think a lot about them and wherever they are, I hope they're doing well.

No comments: