Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Guess The Sun Does Shine Again: Sunny Skies By James Taylor





Last week, Typhoon "Basyang" passed through the country and left a lot of damage as well as casualties in the country.I wasn't able to sleep as I heard wood and metal being flung from the air due to the typhoon's strong winds. Yet after its wake, it was good to see the sun shine again. For me, it's a reminder that when the bad times passes, better times lay ahead. Remembering that lesson reminds me of the song "Sunny Skies" by James Taylor.

There's nothing more natural to make a person feel good than waking up to nice sunny day. Unfortunately when the typhoon struck, a lot of houses got ripped apart and around 20 people were killed when it hit us. Once again we have to deal with the property and human damage left in its wake. Still, if people pull together, we will get over this and find something better. We've done it before and we'll do it again.

I guess that's the reason why I like sunny days. Even with the heat, for some reason it makes you feel good inside. Typhoons and storms are a big downer on everybody. I know I'm like a kid writing this but seeing sunny skies gives me the feeling of good days ahead. This gets an even deeper meaning when the storm passes.

No comments: