Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm Beginning To Realize The Price Of Being So Introverted: Living In A Box By Living In A Box



When I was a young, I was a very introverted person and I mentioned this a lot in my previous posts. Being raised in an isolated area didn't give us much opportunity to socialize with other people, hence despite my friendly demeanor, I tend to be by myself most of the times. Nowadays, I'm beginning to realize just how much I have been so isolated from others and am now paying the price. That realization reminds me of the song "Living In A Box" by Living In A Box.

Though I had no trouble making friends and getting along with other people, there was always that thing inside me which always made me want to retreat to a place where I was comfortable and be with others who were exactly like me. Broken dreams and being made to do things that I don't want to do and the absence of my buds have really built some kind of barrier inside of me that really separates me from everyone else. As a result, lately, I feel that I'm always on the outside. I guess I have nobody but myself to blame for that. It scares that I realize how much I have boxed myself in and can't relate with anything or anyone anymore.

As I've said earlier, the thing that I've been working on hasn't yielded any results which requires visitors who will do the c word. To do that, I really have to get out of my safety zone or "box" put a lot more effort into it. It's been very difficult for me but there's a lot at stake right now. I just hope that things will turn around soon. If I am going to get this right, I have to get out of the "box" and really do it to the fullest.

No comments: