Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ideal Stress-Free Weekend: Saturday In The Park By Chicago




Ah, life is so full of stress lately. I lost my purse full of change and right now I think I left my keys at the office which really bummed me out. Once again, my thoughts are drifting back to happier times when the weekend rolled in and you woke up at 9 or 10 in the morning. I'd take a stroll for a while and cap it off some Dairy Queen Ice Cream and a burger or whatever food tickled my palette. A little chill-out time does wonders for the soul which I sure miss. Missing that ideal quality time one would spend over the weekend reminds me of the song "Saturday In The Park" by Chicago.

This is one of those really cool "feel good" songs that is must have for busting stress. Whenever I remember of hear this song, I'm off to enjoy the weekend. After a good lunch, you watch the world go by and see people having fun and feel that rubbing off you. Pretty soon that feeling gets spread around and feeling good's good enough. When I've had my fill of the sites and the sounds, I head on home and ready to face the grind.

Despite all the stress that I feel, I know that these things will come to pass. Though it's been since I spent my weekends in this fashion, maybe one day I'll be able to do so again. Just a little time, patience and perseverance to get things in order which is my top priority right now. When that gets settled, then the good times are going to roll once more. I look forward to that day when everyday is like the Fourth of July or any kind of holiday for that matter.

No comments: