Friday, July 2, 2010

Nothing Like Family: We Are Family By Sister Sledge



Through the years, my family has always been very important to me. Growing up in an isolated area, we had no one but ourselves to rely on. We always did things together as we grew up and even when one of go off on his own, he would always come back to the fold. Now that I'm getting older, keeping the family bonds strong is what I care about the most because we are a part of each other. Keeping that in mind, reminds me of the song "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge.

I was very shy when I was kid and disco wasn't my thing back then. Still, this song appealed to me because it dealt about family. The fact that it was sung by a group of all sisters appealed to me even more since we're all boys here as well (five to be exact). Despite all the bickering and the fights, we always stood by each other and that's what friends and outsiders always liked about us. The term "blood is thicker than water" now has a deeper meaning for me now because who else can you turn to or is there for you but your own flesh and blood. If they are in need, then you reciprocate in return cause that's what family members do to each other.

Time have been crazy as of late and there are still strange storms in the horizon. No matter what happens, so long as we are together, I know we can lick this thing. This doesn't mean that I am going to rely on my brothers all the time and I want to be there for them as they have been to me. Right now things that matter to me the most is their happiness and safety. No matter what, there's nothing like family

No comments: