Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Still Can't Believe He's Gone: One More Day By Sinead O' Connor




Well, it's a brand new week and summer is now in full swing. It should be just like any other week, except for one thing: my dad's no longer with us. We've laid him to rest last Saturday, yet we still feel the pain of losing him. Still, we have to carry on to honor his memory and hope one day, we would be together with him again. Keeping that thought in mind reminds me of the song "One More Day" by Sinead O' Connor.

I still can't believe that he left us and a part of me still thinks it wasn't fair. Just things were going well and the bond was restored, this had to happen. I prayed for my parents that the good lord would keep them safe while I was at work and my biggest joy was seeing them smiling and laughing at the table after the day was done. Right now my mom's still coping with the loss and seeing her suddenly cry really breaks my heart. I have to admit I miss his fits when there's coffee or when something was wrong with the computer. Despite getting stressed from those episodes, I must admit he taught me that nothing gets done unless you make things happen which is something I will not forget.

Right now, my only consolation is that he is free from pain and is in a better place. Right now I bet he and my grandfather are playing 18 holes of golf in that big course in the sky. As for me, I intend to keep what I promised and that is to take care of my mother. Thanks Dad for all things you gave us and taught us. We will live by them forever.

No comments: