Sunday, March 14, 2010

Women Who Rocked: Edge Of A Broken Heart By Vixen




I have to admit I missed 80's style rock. The Big hair, the demonic jewelry, spandex and of course the leather jackets. A lot of rockers looked like they were characters from a Mad Max film. Still the music was something you can always warm up to. It was nice to know that apart from men, women also took up the beat at the time. One such band was Vixen and the song that I remembered them for was "Edge Of A Broken Heart".

This was one of those bands that always got featured in Video Hit Parade. I always thought that these girls were hot. Not only that, they played their own instruments and they played Rock And Roll. I can relate with this song. I've been there so many times, it can get so hard whenever your heart breaks.

It's sad that along with other bands of the time, they too just disappeared. I was hoping that they lasted a little bit longer. I remember one special that MTV did on the 80's band and of the members became a professional golfer. If anyone has any news about them, please let me know. For me, these girls rocked then and they always will.


VIXEN - "Edge of a Broken Heart" - 1988
Uploaded by jamiecat. - Watch more music videos, in HD!

No comments: