Thursday, March 4, 2010

he Night We Really Bonded Together: Morning Dance By Spyro Gyra





I wasn't really much of a fan when it came to jazz music. When the disco trend started to die down, however, I found myself listening to more jazz music with my brothers. Jazz music started to really take a new meaning for me, back in 1981 when Spyro Gyra came into town. It was special because that night, we took our bonding as brothers to a whole new level which made it stronger. One song that I remember from that night was "Morning Dance".

When we were kids, we played a lot together and did things together. As we moved into our early teens, we didn't spend that much time together because each of us were trying to find our own interest. One night two of my brothers started to go on that concert. A third had money for a ticket so he joined in and I decided to stay. Out of the blue, all them decided to take me with them and was we rode to the concert we were all laughing and cheering in the fact we were doing something new TOGETHER. As a happy ending to the story, we all had a good time and a good night strengthening our bond to the next level.

Whenever I think of that night, I realize just how important that bond really is to me. Even today, I think of that night as one of the best moments of my life. It's really cool when siblings do things together because that's what blood is all about and when comes to blood, I won't hesitate to say that ours was the thickest. The bond has been through a lot of trials over the past couple of years, but thank God, it was restored. All I wish for in life is that bond remains solid for that is the best legacy we can give to our next generation.

No comments: